Tuesday, September 6, 2011

BUNS

Ramadan is over and the food coming home is finally halted.....Grrrrr.....!!! I'd been receiving food non-stop during ramadan and almost never cooked anything except grilling for iftar during my entire ramadan.

I've been thinking of posting all the new stuff I cooked during ramadan. Its been a while I dint peek into my blog and was busy just eating my way around. So lets gets going. I was invited for a Iftar party and one lady just had prepared this wonderful soft and mouth watering Bun's.

Ingredients:
2cups maida (small)
1tbsp Jeera seeds (cumin)
2tbsp sugar
1 big ripe banana
pinch of salt
1/4-1/2 tsp baking powder
1tbsp curd
1tsp ghee

In a bowl first lightly mash the sugar and banana till the sugar fully dissolves and banana is liquified. Add the jeera seeds to this and mix again. In another bowl, add the maida alongwith salt and baking powder and mix with fingers. To this add the banana-sugar concotion and start mixing till you get a smooth and soft dough. Add curd and mix again. Add little more maida if reequired. Let it settle for about 4-6hours. Give a good bash with some ghee in between and let it settle again for the remaining time.



Finally, roll into small roundals or any shape as you desire and deep fry in hot oil. Go ahead, try it and let me know if you liked it.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear what you have to say...