Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Farmer's Pie:

I've been trying hard to maintain and re-create my blog but I just dont have the time. Earlier I was trying to maintain a proper recipe book where I would be writting down all my priced and tasted recipes. But Lo!, its hard to even post what I have been cooking.... Booo hoo.....!! So i have decided guys, no more talks, I would simply post every recipe I try out to my blog and wala!, I can say I have my own recipe book online............Its that simple.

When i made this recipe, I was happy at its turn-out. The food was just so light and filling that you would love to keep trying it again and again.

Ingredients-
1/2 kg chicken mince
1tsp butter
1 onion chopped
2tsp woschestire sauce
2-3 button mushrooms
1 zucchini
1 handful carrots
1 handful babycorn
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
2-3 mashed and pasted potatoes
1 Egg for basting
Little milk
Piping bag.

Method:
In a pan add a little olive oil and the butter and fry the chopped onion to light golden brown. Add the chicken mince and woschestire sauce. Mix it well. Add diced mushrooms and cover and cook for about 2-3mins. Open cover and add the diced carrots, zucchini and corn.Add salt and pepper powder.

Meanwhile boil 2-3 potatoes with milk,salt and pepper powder. Mash it to a pasty consistency for decorating to be done over the pie. Once the sauce is cooled,serve it in a baking dish and decorate layers with mashed potato mixture. Beat an egg and brush it all over the potato.

Bake for about 25mins and then serve. Healthy and nice way to relish your taste buds.

Cooking the simplest food gives me joy and happiness,as I struggle to complete my daily chores with my LO. So Im out here on the hunt and to give a try to easy and healthy recipes.So go ahead and try this dish and wait till I post my next recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear what you have to say...